Can both parties get in trouble for breaking the contract of an order of protection?

Homer, NY |

I have an order of protection against my ex. We started to hang out ( I know this was a mistake, sorry, we all make them) and I've started seeing someone new. Now he is threatening to go the judge over this matter. Can I get n trouble too?

1. You will not get in trouble, although the judge may give you a little speech. Also, this will give your ex ammunition to try and dismiss the order of protection.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice