Can bad conditions at work be considered as discrimination ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pottstown, PA

I am the only black man on a faculty . I am also the eldest in my department . The other teachers in my department are white obviously and have their own rooms to conduct band and choral activities respectively and I do not have a room for my orchestra practices , and I am forced to set up chairs daily and moses after setting up , I have to look for another room which I have to also set up and this interferes with my instruction . This is not fair to me , my students or my program . Do you think that I have grounds to seek consultation with an attorney ? I appreciate your advice . Thank you !

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Consult with an experienced Employment Discrimination attorney.

-----------
    Law Office of Alena Shautsova
    2908A Emmons Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11235
    Tel 917-885-2261
    Fax 347-561-9008
    Website http://www.shautsova.com
    Blog http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com
    Like us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/immigrationlawyerny

2. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

2

Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, you appear to be working under significantly less favorable conditions than your peers. If the only differences between you are that you are black and the oldest employee, then you appear to have a 'prima facie' case of employment discrimination. This is the first step in the legal analysis; going through the remaining steps would require a sitdown meeting with an employment attorney to discuss the facts and circumstances of your employment. If you believe that the reason for your differing work environment is your race and/or age, then you should speak with an employment attorney ASAP.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com