Skip to main content

Can back unpaid child support be collected from the non-custodial parent after the children have reached the age of 18?

Spokane, WA |

The children are now past the age of 18; however, there is still many thousands of dollars in unpaid child support. The order was filed in WA. Several years later the mother and children moved out of state. The father (non custodial parent) had already moved to a third state which created a challenge due to the matter involving three states. The mother contacted DCFS in her state but they were of no help. The mother has now relocated back to WA

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The statute of limitations for collecting child support is 10 years. Mom should be able to contact the Division of Child Support in Washington to collect.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


The attorneys from your same state are the best source of guidance and up-to-date information. Good luck!

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer