Can auto an insurance company send me an estimate for damages without seeing the car or photos of the damages?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Decatur, GA

I reported the accident (1 car). I have full coverage. with a $1000.00 deductible. Before I could get an estimate to them and without them seeing the physical car or photos, they sent me an estimate for $1000.00. Is this legal or are they just trying to intimidate me?

1. Lisa Morgan Edwards

5

Answered . The insurance compnay is trying to get away with paying less than value for your claim. They ought to provide an adjuster to view the car or send you to a shop of their choosing to get an estimate and then you can take it to a shop of your choosing to get another estimate to determine the actual cost of repair.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

4

Answered . Ignore what the insurer sent. Insurers try to rip people off like that all the time. If you were hurt, see a lawyer and do not talk to the insurer at all. (Feel free to call us if that was the case at 404-768-3509). If there is property damage only, get several estimates before you deal with the insurer. Beware of your insurer - this type of behavior is despicable, and it is VERY much how claims adjusters often behave.

Pro

5

Answered . Insurance companies aren't the richest companies in American because they pay out claims. Retain a car accident lawyer to get you maximum compensation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Michael Stephen Wilensky

3

Answered . You should ignore what they sent you. Take the car to an auto shop or dealership and get an estimate on how much the damage will cost to fix. Then send that estimate to the insurance adjuster.

You should hire an attorney if you were injured; dealing with insurance companies is not easy.

Sincerely,
    Michael W.
    404-888-0500

5. Sam Louis Levine

3

Answered . Go ahead & get an estimate first, preferably two (2), one from a reputable body shop & the other from the car dealer. Then based upon that you can then decide what to do. If you want to talk, please let me know. I can be reached @ (404) 303-885. Thx so much.

Sam Levine, Esq.

6. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

2

Answered . It appears that the insurance as usually are not being fair. You need to provide them with tne estimate that you have.

Darrell B. Reynolds, Sr.
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    drey1954@cs.com
    404-636-6616

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - William Shakespeare

NOTICE – 1) This email does not create an attorney/client relationship. In order to create an attorney/client relationship with this office it is necessary to enter into a written contract agreed to by both parties. 2) This email is intended only for the person(s) listed in the To: and CC: lines. It is not intended for anyone else and any reliance upon this email by other parties is at their own peril. 3) This e-mail, and all attachments transmitted with it, may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information that is intended solely for the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, then you are not authorized to read, distribute, copy, or otherwise use any or all portions of this e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephone at 1-404-636-6616, and delete all copies of this e-mail. Thank you.

7. Kevin Coluccio

1

Answered . You simply need to get a proper estimate. Once you have an estimate, present it to the insurance carrier.