Can asking a co-worker on a date be considered sexual harassment?

Asked over 2 years ago - Jackson, MS

I'd like to ask respectfully, but have never dated someone I work with before, and am worried it could be considered sexual harassment.

.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

Answered . Not likely. You might want to check with your company to see if they have any policy against intra-office dating. Many companies do, because of the problems that they create. However, unless you are her supervisor and asking her to perform sexual favors in order to maintain her job or to advance in the office, then it is not sexual harassment. Sexual harassment requires much more than innocent dating. If she says no though, simply respect that and treat her no differently than before.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . I am not licensed in MS, but in most states simply dating a co-worker is not sexual harassment, especially if you are not his/her supervisor.