Can Arizona HB 2374 Deffered Prosecution be applied to Aggravated DUI w criminal damage?

Tucson, AZ |

Just passed March 20th, to take effect in July 2012.

Date of offense 12/10. was just charged with 2 counts of aggravated dui (one without interlock and one illegal drug without interlock) and felony criminal damage. Is this typical to do the two charges and drop one if they get you for the other?

I have been sober for nearly 15 months now and am a recovery house manager, 4.0 student. I have done everything possible, I hope this gives me a chance!

1. No. If you ave an Agg DUI charge you are facing prison time. Call a DUI lawyer immediately.

Aaron M. Black
    Criminal & DUI Defense Attorney
    Martindale AV® Preeminent™ Lawyer
    2012 Southwest SuperLawyer Rising Star
    AVVO 10/10 Superb Lawyer

Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC
    3219 East Camelback Road #573
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    Office #: 480-729-1683
    Email: aaron@aaronblacklaw.com
    www.aaronblacklaw.com

2. Mr. Black is correct. Deferred prosecution is not an option for those charges. You need to hire a local attorney or seek help from the public defender.

Any comments offered are not intended as legal advice. This attorney does not know the specifics of the particular case sufficiently to offer legal advice. You should hire a lawyer who can evaluate the details of your specific situation before offering advice.

DUI court topics