Can anyone tell me who is the best child custody attorney is in Wisconsin?.

Madison, WI |
Filed under: Child custody

Ihave had my child taken from me for NO REASON!. but the political ties that my ex father-in-law has. NOBODY is taking her situation seriously as he seems to have his foot in the door with everyone that I try to get to help her. There are serious accusations of child abuse and drug abuse. Her Father and his Family are extremely controlling and have completely cut me out of her life since the day she was born. I need somebody who is going to listen to HER (she is nearly 12) and somebody who believes that justice on behalf of those that are not able to protect themselves should be an integral part of their job. I have been treated like a surrogate mother to my own child since the day she was born. How can somebody get away with this?. Isn't it illegal to steal somebodies child from them?

The best attorney, that's a tough referral to provide. The best attorneys in child placement might not be the best for you. For instance, what is your financial situation and what is the financial situation of your former husband(don't answer this on here, this is just a question for you to consider)? Have you tried contacting the Dane County Bar Association? They run a pretty good referral service and they should be able match you up with a competent attorney. Otherwise you might want to initially check out UW Law's Family Law Clinic, they should provide some good initial assistance and should be able to provide a good referral if you need it.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

Thank you for your response Attorney Kastelic - however, I'm not in Dane County. Can Dane County take controlof this if there is obvioud bias in the county where I'm having a huge problem finding anyone that is not corrupt? - somebody has to do something. I am again however, very appreciative of your care and professionalism.

...please excuse my typo's.......my keys keep sticking

I also have a legal question. If she was being repeatedly touched inbetween her legs (since as long as she can remember) by the Grandmother is this not child abuse?. The court seemed to belittle what she had had done to her over the years. The Grandmother's Attorney tried saying that she had been teaching her lately about her periods and had bought her tampons - so that was her excuse for this happening (yes, she bought my 11 year old Daughter tampons?!!!). I would and have never had ANY reason whatsoever to have to touch my Daughter inbetween her legs?! (apart from obviously washing her when she has younger). Still, I don't understand why the courts would not see that is not a good enough reason for what she has been doing. Also, they seemed to think it was OK as it was over her clothing - not under?!. My Daughter has been telling me this and I have been trying to get her help but nobody is taking her or I seriously. She says that she does it for no reason and when she asks her to stop she either walks away and laughs or she says " I can touch you where ever I want....I'm your Grandmother!". She didn't say everything on the stand as I know she was nervous and scared. She does many other things but nobody is taking these things seriously. They are basically 1/ biased because of who she is married to 2/ Couldn't imagine that a "Grandmother" would do this 3/ Think that I am telling my Daughter to make this up - even though she told the court that the only thing I tell her to say is the truth. Not to mention the drugs that her Father has been doing since the age of around 11 and is still doing. As soon as his father goes down to either the police station, sheriffs dep or CPS investigations are immediately dropped!.Is this not s criminal offense for an entire county to be ignoring this child because of his Fathers past political ties?. I would imagine that a Judge would find this more serious based on the fact that his father has used the very system that he was supposed to protect the innocent....for criminal purposes!.......(The Sheriffs Department). How can an entire county ignore a childs cries for help JUST because of somebodies political ties i government?!.

Ryan Kastelic

Ryan Kastelic

You don't have to live in Dane County to get an attorney in Dane County. Which county do you live in? Try Google and look up the local county bar association, each one provides a referral service to local attorneys.

Thank you once again for your time Attorney Kastelic. We live in Jefferson County but my Ex lives in the infamous Waukesha County. Respectfully as always, Claire~Marie.

I tend to agree with the previous answer.
A lot of the outcome tends to be driven by the county and the judge. So, just because one has had a lot of experience doesn't mean they will prevail. One thing that is for sure is an attorney with a strong reputation will put a lot of time into the result and likely at their rate run up one heck of a bill. I have seen attorneys charge $20,000 in a one week period. So, you would have to put your limits on what you can afford, and what you then could expect.

As to your underlying issue. You are venting. But what you need to do is sit down and talk to an attorney and lay out proof of what has already happened. To start go get the files from the clerk of courts and pay for copies. Then you will have something to talk about, because no one is taken without due process. So, the question is what was due process in this case.

Child custody topics