Can anyone tell me what "Lack of Corpus" means?

Ada, OK |
Filed under: Criminal defense

If you are charged in a burglery case and the disposition is "Lack Of Corpus" what does that mean?

Corpus means body. In legal definations, it can mean different things as far as its application. As this is a criminal case, I am assuming that you or the court meant lack of corpus delecti which means that they were not able to show that a crime had been committed. This is different thatn being found not guilty as that just means that the state didn't prove that the person committed a crime but means that the court or DA decided that no crime had been committed at all.

If my answer is helpful, please click the thumbs up button.

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.

It was great and thank you !! I spoke with a DA in California yesterday and you are on the money with your answer m thanks you!!!