Can anyone tell me if this website for a fast uncontested divorce is a scam or not? the website is ephraimlaw.com

Charlottesville, VA |
Filed under: Uncontested divorce

I would like to know if it is a scam or not before i decide to go with it.

I am unfamiliar with that website or that attorney. You should be able to contact the Virginia State Bar to determine whether he is a licensed attorney.

That being said, divorces are important proceedings, even uncontested divorces. If you do not feel comfortable with a particular attorney, you should find someone you feel comfortable with and confident in their abilities, even if it may cost you a little more in the short term.

Answers contained herein are to be considered general information and are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by answering your question. You should seek advice from a licensed attorney to have a complete and proper answer to your legal question.

Rather than ask a nationwide group of lawyers if they are familar with a local Virginia law firm, recommend you contact the VA state Bar or the county bar association and ask for disciplinary concerns, active status, liability insurance coverage etc for the firm you are considering.

FYI, 'fast' is a subjective term--your divorce in VA will either take 6 months or a year (or longer I suppose if the parties draw it out) --depending on the facts.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

How could i get their number?

As far as I know it is a website for a legitimate attorney who only does uncontested divorces. In this regard, be aware that if your case at some point becomes contested, your case will be dropped and the fee that you paid will not be returned (I had several clients who came to me from this lawyer after their case went South).

Thank u for that info.

Andrei Kublan

Andrei Kublan

If you found my answer either helpful or best, please mark it as such. Thank you!

Even an uncontested divorce will have controversial issues. Don't try to do this yourself, or on the Internet.

Most family law lawyers charge a very reasonable fee for an uncontested divorce. Spend the money to get a quality outcome.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.