Can anyone tell if the RFE for U visa is submitted and is properly prepared with all the documents requested how long VSC Takes

Brea, CA |
Filed under: Immigration U visa

They say that they respond with a written decision within 60 days.
Do you know if they can exceed this time limit to more than 60 days or its just the fixed time line for them to make a decision. I have submitted the application in aug 2011 so its more than 10 months. Please help me to find out the answers thank you so much.

60 days is the norm ... yes, it can take longer in certain cases. Talk to an attorney and have him/her review your file.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I would have an immigration lawyer review your paperwork. Find one who will offer a free consultation.

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

Generally these cases have been taking approximately 9 months. However, getting an RFE may cause some delays. Best to you.

Recommended articles about Immigration