Can anyone refer me to online minority group associations that can advise me on workplace firing practices of minorities?

Waltham, MA |

A Middle School grader accused me of physically attacking him on 2010; as a result the school system I worked for fired me. The district's teacher union appealed the case since the union doesn't believe the child's testimony. My lawyer thinks that someone in the hierarchy is so powerful that the school system's decision to fire me might be in violation of minority laws. Are there any online lawyers that could refer me to minority group associations that can advise me on the matter?

1. The basic rule is simple:

Employers can fire people who are minorities.
    Employers cannot fire people BECAUSE they are minorities.

If you already have an attorney, then you should talk to that attorney for advice. Otherwise I suggest you find an attorney who specializes in employment law.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.