Can anyone recommend a great lawyer in NYC that is very experienced with child pornography cases?

New York, NY |

I have a friend that has recently been arraigned on one count of child pornography. I don't know the details so not sure if the number of counts can increase as the case moves forward. He has a public defender now, who is good, but in my opinion not very experienced with CP cases and unavailable given his heavy caseload. As you can imagine this is a very difficult time for everyone and we want to explore other options. Our budgest is somewhat limited (max 3k) but as we just want this to be over, we would consider the right plea bargain (minimum prison time, etc). Any recommendations?

1. Law Offices of Robert Gottlieb!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. Law Offices of Robert Gottlieb for $3,000 - not happening. I doubt you find any good lawyer to take the case for $3,000, especially if the case is in federal court.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Should I recommend myself? Just kidding, I am not that self promotional.
    There are many talented criminal defense practitioners who can be found on Avvo and elsewhere on the web and around the city.
    Your budget is tight but maybe you can find someone willing and qualified to take the plunge. With a CP case, there are non jail penalties (SORA) which can last for decades. And I mean decades.
    Perhaps you can speak to the current lawyer and ask him for more devotion to this particular case. The lawyer may be "working" the case in way not apparent to you or to the client.
    You wouldn't want a private lawyer who isn't quite busy.
    As I often tell clients, would you want a cardiologist who only has two or three patients? Most busy lawyers are, in my experience , lawyers who are busy because former clients refer them to other people, lawyers who benefit from good "word of mouth" recommendations.

Law Office Of Michael Marley
    Phone 917 853 4484

4. Consider interviewing a couple of firms that have offices in NYC. Contact them directly.