Can anyone help me find the us code or an article about statute of limitations on an employment at will contract written(breach

Asked over 1 year ago - Garden City, NY

d by discrimination) NY. my case is in federal court

1. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

5

Answered . Breach of contract has 6 year sol. Employment discrimination under State law is 3 years. Employment discrimination under federal law has 300 day SOL. Best of luck

2. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

4

Answered . To bring a discrimination case in federal court, you first need to file with EEOC or a local discrimination agency within 300 days. You can then request that the EEOC give you a right to sue letter, and you then have 90 days to file in federal court.

3. Vincent Peter White

4

Answered . Employment discrimination cases are unlikely to require any contract to move forward, it sounds like you need to sit down with an experienced employment attorney before you proceed.

4. Robert K. Erlanger

3

Answered . An "at will employee" has no breach on contract action; "at will" means you can be fired for any reason OTHER than a discriminatory one. As you are in federal court, you must be suing because you believe that your employer fired you for a discriminatory reason. Without knowing what kind of discrimination you are alleging, for example age, race, gender, sexual preference, I cannot refer you to the proper federal statute.