Can anyone recommend a good foreclosure defense lawyer in Md?

Ocean City, MD |

I'm trying to save my property that had a balloon mortgage. I have tried to work with my lender to do a refinance and then a loan modification, but my attempts were unsucccessful. I contacted a few companies like the Foreclosure Law Center in Phila, Pa, but they want money up front and seem sketchy.

Check the Avvo directory or your state bar organization.

Evan A. Nielsen
1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

I agree. You can search on Avvo, contact your local Bar Association or simply call an attorney and see if he/she can help or recommend someone.

Legal disclaimer: Mr. Tabaku may be reached at (240) 750-4663 or Mr. Tabaku is an attorney licensed in the state of Maryland. This answer is for general information only based upon the facts stated in the question and does not create an attorney client relationship between Mr. Tabaku or Tabaku Law Firm, LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

What is your foreclosure defense based on? Some of the "popular" defenses you hear about on the news have already been determined (unfavorably) in Maryland. Also, since you have been fighting to keep your house, there are other options, such as restructuring in bankruptcy etc. Any attorney will want money upfront and hourly. Foreclosure defense isn't something suitable for equity share arrangements.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt