Can any one tell me what is the current filing fees for I-130 petition? Where we have to print the name ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hialeah, FL

I and my wife had applied for the I - 130 petition , and they have sent it back saying inappropriate fees . We had given a personal check of $ 420 / - as it was mentioned in the LUSCIOUS gov . website . and they have asked to print the name where we have to sign , but there was no option to write the name near the signature in I - 130 Form as well as G - 325a form . Please kindly help us out .

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

5

Best Answer

Answered . I think there is more to this than a filing fee. Please retain counsel to ensure your family based visa petition is properly filed to protect your rights.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

5

Answered . That is the appropriate fee for each I-130 petition. If two petitions were sent then there is a separate fee of $420 each. Write a separate check or money order for each petition.

3. Woojin Won

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague. The fee for I-130 is $420. Did you also filed I-485? If so, then you also need to pay for $1,070. The separate checks should be payable to US Department of Homeland Security.

Read the form instruction and see if you skipped any questions on the form. Then I would go over the forms line by line.

If you think my answer was helpful, please mark as helpful for courtesy. It also encourgaes me and other lawyers to answer your questions.

4. Iara Nogueira Morton

2

Answered . If this was a family based petition based on marriage to a USC, you may have included an I-485 as well, and the fee for that form is $1,070. The I-130 form fee is $420 each. USCIS accepts money orders or cashier's checks from lay people and checks from law firms.