Can another parole officer search my house?

Bronx, NY |

Two parole officers and two police officers came to my house. But it wasn't my parole officer who was present or his supervisor. They found 10 bags of weed and 4 grams of control substance. How can I go about this? The parole officers let the police take me in and I have not been violated yet. Why? Can they do that? Ain't it suppose to be at least my parole officer suppose to be present or his supervisor? Did they violate my rights? Please help me as soon as possible like yesterday..... Thank you for your time to read this missive.

1. Unless something has changed since I left the Bronx any parole officer can search your house at anytime. If you haven't been violated yet, you will be soon. You probably already have been but since it looks like you were released or made bail, you just haven't been picked up on the warrant yet. Get an attorney . If you can't afford one, call legal aid or the Bronx Defenders asap.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com. If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!

2. One of the conditions of parole is allowing parole officers to visit and search your home. The fact that it was not your personal parole officer is irrelevant. I would expect parole to lodge a hold any day. Hire an attorney ASAP.

3. Yeah I agree that it looks like you will be charged with a parole violation. Get a good lawyer to fight for your rights and get the best plea deal possible.

Www.estrellalawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com