Can another parole officer search my house?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

Two parole officers and two police officers came to my house. But it wasn't my parole officer who was present or his supervisor. They found 10 bags of weed and 4 grams of control substance. How can I go about this? The parole officers let the police take me in and I have not been violated yet. Why? Can they do that? Ain't it suppose to be at least my parole officer suppose to be present or his supervisor? Did they violate my rights? Please help me as soon as possible like yesterday..... Thank you for your time to read this missive.

1. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

3

Answered . Unless something has changed since I left the Bronx any parole officer can search your house at anytime. If you haven't been violated yet, you will be soon. You probably already have been but since it looks like you were released or made bail, you just haven't been picked up on the warrant yet. Get an attorney . If you can't afford one, call legal aid or the Bronx Defenders asap.

2. John M. Cromwell

Pro

3

Answered . One of the conditions of parole is allowing parole officers to visit and search your home. The fact that it was not your personal parole officer is irrelevant. I would expect parole to lodge a hold any day. Hire an attorney ASAP.

3. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

2

Answered . Yeah I agree that it looks like you will be charged with a parole violation. Get a good lawyer to fight for your rights and get the best plea deal possible.

Www.estrellalawyer.com