Skip to main content

Can another judge overturn another judge decision

Las Vegas, NV |

I have a divorce decree granted 2 years ago and on it, it states that neither party should pay child support since we have supposedly equal time share. Now she file a motion to modify the divorce degree, child support, custody and spousal support

Attorney Answers 1


Child support remains modifiable, either on periodic review every three years, or on a showing of changed circumstances, at any time during the minority of the child. It is impossible to make it unmodifiable, as the Nevada Supreme Court recently held in the Fernandez case, which is or will be shortly posted on the child support page of our web site, at

As to time share and its effect on child support, the Court has altered that as well -- see the Rivero opinion, already posted on the same page.

You don't supply enough details to determine whether the other matters are really modifiable under your current circumstances, but you should be able to make a preliminary determination after looking at the resources posted at:

If you decide you would like to discuss this with one of the attorneys of this firm, please take a look at our consultation policies, procedures, and costs, at

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics