Can an undocumented immigrant get a criminal back ground check from the department of criminal investigation ?

Houston, TX |

I wanna go to school, I found this night time school but they are asking for a criminal back ground check and abuse registry check . I have never been arrested or convicted , just a couple of speeding and parking tickets, i came to US on visa.
How to do this? do i need an immigration attorney ?..one more important question please : do all colleges and universities ask for valid visa ?How to find out

You can obtain a criminal background check using the FBI rapsheet process. As for needing an attorney to change status to student status, that depends on how long you've been here, if you're still in a period of authorized stay and when your classes begin.

I am out of status a while ago

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Then you're going to have issues changing status as that requires you to be in status. As well, you may have unlawful presence issues. You need a lawyer and should discuss fully with him/her.

That's what i want to find out, because i am out of status can i obtain a criminal back ground check? and are there schools that accept an undocumented student ?

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Yes, you can get a background check as I stated. As for enrollment without status, that is an individual school's decision.

is it safe to just walk in to any school admission office and ask them?

I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Representing yourself without adequate legal experience or knowledge can prove to be a challenge. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. Often times the more complex a case is, the more legal knowledge a person needs in order to be successful. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge are difficult to overcome. It's better to hire a lawyer to handle this. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!