Can an undocumented immigrant get a criminal back ground check from the department of criminal investigation ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I wanna go to school, I found this night time school but they are asking for a criminal back ground check and abuse registry check . I have never been arrested or convicted , just a couple of speeding and parking tickets, i came to US on visa.
How to do this? do i need an immigration attorney ?..one more important question please : do all colleges and universities ask for valid visa ?How to find out

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . You can obtain a criminal background check using the FBI rapsheet process. As for needing an attorney to change status to student status, that depends on how long you've been here, if you're still in a period of authorized stay and when your classes begin.

2. Carmine John Giardino

2

Answered . Representing yourself without adequate legal experience or knowledge can prove to be a challenge. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. Often times the more complex a case is, the more legal knowledge a person needs in order to be successful. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge are difficult to overcome. It's better to hire a lawyer to handle this. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague