Can an underage drinking ticket be expunged in Wisconsin?

Asked about 2 years ago - Madison, WI

i received an underage drinking ticket in Madison about three years ago. i am over twenty one now and was wondering if there was anyway i could get it taken off my record so employers couldn't see it.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael R. Cohen


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Generally non criminal matters are not able to be removed from CCAP under the statutes. There are some courts that will under some arguments but it is not definite. However, most traffic matters will come off your driving record after five years. Some clerks do the same with CCAP. Talk with an attorney in your area that handles these issues. I would not worry though about this hurting job chances.

  2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Which court were you in. Generally municipal court is not seen. Do you have some indication that potential employers can se it?

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,027 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,027 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering