Can an officer give you a ticket 4 days after he says you sell to a minor?

Grand Rapids, MI |

He came on a tues and said that I sold to a minor on the friday before and dont remember this. Can he do this? the first ticket he gave me was a misdemeanor then he came back a week later and gave me a civil infraction. First he accused my boss of doing this and she said she didnt even work then I said i was working. doesnt seem right.

1. Yes, but you should consult a local lawyer as there are some issues obviously.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook- www.facebook.com/knowthelawyer, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at www.knowthelawyer.com.

2. Yes they can do that. I suggest you hire an attorney before talking to the police. Anything you say will be used against you. I am a criminal defense attorney in Grand Rapids and would be willing to help. Please call 616 742 0667. The consultation is free.