Can an officer and witness (an informant) testify against me if they were sexually involved?

Winchester, VA |

The informant set me up for a drug distribution charge. The officer had arrested her earlier for a dist. charge. They did not call a female officer to search her. They said they made her shake her bra out. Since then the officer has been dismissed for sleeping with informants and planting drugs on people. The commonwealth is saying since he wasn't the only officer involved they are going forward with my charges. My girlfriend and mother were present at my home when the arrest was made. One of the officers made them go in the house, an they put me in the police car. Right after that, they found more drugs right where we were standing. What are my chances of beating the dist charge?

They can testify.
    There may be issues about credibility, especially if there is evidence of "planting drugs."
    Get a good criminal defense lawyer from that area. It's quite possible H/she knows the officer and his history if they do a lot of drug cases in town.

2. This is not the place to analyze complex issues like this. You need a Defense Attorney to look at your case, do a proper intake, and explain to you what your options are. Spend you energy looking or an attorney you trust. You should also stop posting facts about your case online.

3. Absolutely they can. Of course ther could be some credibility probllems. But you need to hire an attorney.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.