Can an LLC purchase a home in California?

Newhall, CA |

I live in Newhall CA I want to purchase a home I don't have great credit but I own an LLC with impeccable credit. can I purchase a home under the LLC?

1. Your personal credit will affect your ability to purchase a home. In nearly all cases the lender will require you to personally guarantee the loan to an LLC and your credit will therefore be a deciding factor. That being said -- credit is only one factor lenders consider and it is less important as the loan to value ratio decreases.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

2. An LLC is a legal entity which can acquire and own property. Therefore, the answer to your question is yes, an LLC can purchase a home. That being said, unless your LLC has sufficient assets and/or credit history, a personal guaranty from you will be necessary. The lender will seek to minimize the risk of their loan as much as possible.

This response is not intended, nor should it be construed as legal advice. Any information provided is for educational purposes only. To schedule an appointment for an attorney-client privileged consultation, contact me at 530-231-4949 or visit our website at www.lowenthallawoffice.com. The exchange of communications through Avvo.com and similar social media does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me or my office. Thank you.

Business topics