Can an LLC purchase a home in California?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newhall, CA

I live in Newhall CA I want to purchase a home I don't have great credit but I own an LLC with impeccable credit. can I purchase a home under the LLC?

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

3

1

Answered . Your personal credit will affect your ability to purchase a home. In nearly all cases the lender will require you to personally guarantee the loan to an LLC and your credit will therefore be a deciding factor. That being said -- credit is only one factor lenders consider and it is less important as the loan to value ratio decreases.

2. Justin C. Lowenthal

3

1

Answered . An LLC is a legal entity which can acquire and own property. Therefore, the answer to your question is yes, an LLC can purchase a home. That being said, unless your LLC has sufficient assets and/or credit history, a personal guaranty from you will be necessary. The lender will seek to minimize the risk of their loan as much as possible.

3. Justin Drayton Graham

1

Answered . Yes