Can an lawyer contact my family over my foreclosure.

Asked over 1 year ago - Labelle, FL

I had an lawyer contact my grandmother and give her my personal information in regards to my home being in foreclosure. The bank I had the note with had my current phone number and address. Is this legal for them to give out that information and if not what law are they breaking.

1. Gust G Sarris

Answered . In general, an attorney will not give out confidential information. However, it is possible that you were not contacted by an attorney but some sort of debt collection company. Many of these companies are both unethical and illegal however they persist especially in this industry. It is doubtful that your grandmother will remember the phone number that was used to make the call and the details specific enough to place any claim. I would inform her that it was some unethical sales call and tell her to hang up next time they call. Good luck.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . what information was given to your grandmother? Hard to ID a violation if the details aren't in the description.