Can an L2 visa holder be full time employed and simultaneously start and run a business?

Torrance, CA |

My spouse is on L2 visa (I'm on L1A) and is currently employed full time with a company. Can she start and run a business, while being full time employed, on L2 visa?

Thanks!

Yes. Please do, if this is what you want to do.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

IF you have EAD you can work for wherever, including yourself.

Thanks Eliza. My spouse has EAD and she is full time employed too. Is it legal in US for her to start and run a business (let's a website based business) while being full time employed?

I do not see why not, if you have your employment permit.

Thanks Dinara. Is it legal in US to be employed full time with an employer and at the same time start and run a business?

Dinara Maylov

Dinara Maylov

Yes. It is legal.

That's good news! Thanks a lot!