Can an individual request to obtain footage from traffic cameras in Houston, TX? Can it be used in for car accident?

Asked about 2 years ago - Houston, TX

Houston Transtar has camera's mounted in most major hi-ways and some streets all over the city. Just monitoring the traffic - not used for ticketing. Can individuals request for footage for a certain date? Possibly using it to determine fault in a car accident? Houston Transtar has the camera views available to the public on their website.

Done a few more digging. Found out on the website: "Cameras along the roadways are used for monitoring traffic and incidents or controlling the operations of traffic signals. Houston TranStar does not record video or save images from these cameras."

1. Sheadyn Reaves Rogers

3

Answered . You can always ask for it, or your attorney can ask for any video footage. If you are in a lawsuit, your attorney can serve a deposition on written questions with subpeona duces tecum asking for the company to produce any video footage.

How long the company keeps the video footage is unknown???

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . Am I missing something or did you sort of answer your own question? You can always ask for footage. An attorney usually has pretty good luck asking for such footage, particularly if it is needed for a driving issue.

Best of luck to you!

3. Steven Mark Sweat

2

Answered . This will be difficult. Consult a TX attorney to know for sure.