Can an immigration attorney get my criminal record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sunnyside, WA

Can he/she make a couple calls or something and get my criminal history without me having to go and pay anywhere else??

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Not really. And you're better served obtaining an FBI rapsheet. It costs $18, requires your fingerprints and takes about 10 weeks to receive a response. The response will be most closely aligned to what USCIS / DHS sees as your history.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

1

Answered . They may be able to get the record just as you would but they will not be able to avoid any fees and it is generally more efficient if the client obtains it because most attorneys bill for their time. Can they "make a couple calls or something?" No.

I agree the best option is the FBI background check.

3. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney and/or an immigration attorney to get all your criminal records and review them as to their impact with ICE. Don't be foolish about saving money, spend it and get good sound advice.

4. Filex Alexandro Sanchez

2

1

Answered . There are two ways to get a criminal record: (1) FBI Prints, the cost is only $18 with the FBI and takes 2 months; (2) go to the local court and request a print out with a name search, the disadvantage is that you will only get a record of an issue you had with that court and none other, but if you know the court where your criminal issue was filed, then this would be the cheapest and fastest way. If your attorney has a great relationship with the Clerk, then maybe s/he may be able to get that information over the phone, however, for any immigration process, you WILL need a certified copy of the disposition.