Skip to main content

Can an immigrant remove his or her waiver 751 for a permanent green card if they can not provide any documentation of a bonafide

Los Angeles, CA |

marriage. In other words, is it possible to remove the waiver without sending immigration joint bank accounts, tax returns, joint bills and anything like that. The reason why I am asking is because the person I am inquiring about, he does not have any documentation to provide to immigration, but would still like to get his permanent green card by filing his 751. Is it possible to be granted the permanent green card in this case. The couple is divorced now.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    How people who live together presumable for two years cause no trance of ever living together?

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. There are many different ways to prove that the marriage was bona fide, and sometimes you have to be very creative. To answer your question - yes, it is possible.

    DISCLAIMER: The information appearing here is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. We urge you to contact us at (310) 988-5092 or or consult with your own legal advisor before taking any action based on information appearing here.

  3. Without submitting any evidence of the bona fides of the marriage, no.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  4. In certain situations, it is possible to remove conditions on a green card even after a divorce. However, the applicant will still need to establish that the marriage was bona fide. I would advise your friend to retain an immigration attorney who can talk with them about the specifics of their situation and figure out what can be done.