Can an illegal immigrant receive military spouse benefits?

Asked about 3 years ago - Orland Park, IL

I will soon be getting married to my boyfriend of 5 years and we wanted to know if once his deployment is over I will be able to live on base with him and receive military benefits since I am an illegal immigrant. I have been her since I was one and we are planning on applying for my residency

1. Javier G Pineda

Answered . You should have your boyfriend ask if you eligible for any benefits. Regarding your immigration status, if you entered illegally there are procedures that allow for USICS to do a parole in place to allow you to apply for legal residency in the United States. Parole in place procedures may differ from district to district. Consult a local experienced immigration attorney to properly advice you and to inform you of the local parole in place procedure. Good luck.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleague.