Can an illegal alien filing for workman's comp be deported and/or employer get prosecuted

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

can an illegal alien filing for workman's comp be deported or employer get prosecuted

1. Allan E Richardson

4

Answered . A comp claim should not trigger deportation and there is no mechanism I know of for the comp system to report your employer to immigration.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

3

Answered . You should not be deported for asserting your rights.

3. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

3

Answered . You can always get deported for being in America illegally, but the Government will not deport you for merely making a WC Claim if you are illegal. Get arrested for drug dealing or a violent crime, and you may be on a plane.