Can an illegal alien filing for workman's comp be deported and/or employer get prosecuted

Newark, NJ |

can an illegal alien filing for workman's comp be deported or employer get prosecuted

1. You should not be deported for asserting your rights.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

2. You can always get deported for being in America illegally, but the Government will not deport you for merely making a WC Claim if you are illegal. Get arrested for drug dealing or a violent crime, and you may be on a plane.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

3. A comp claim should not trigger deportation and there is no mechanism I know of for the comp system to report your employer to immigration.

A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is informational only. Allan E. Richardson, Esq. arichardson@employmentlaw-nj.com Richardson, Galella & Austermuhl 142 Emerson ST., Woodbury, NJ 08096 856-579-7045.