Can an HOA board expand the single white front door color selection stated in the covenants to include other colors?

Irmo, SC |

Several homeowners have used another color allowed by builders. If the board so chooses, can it expand the selection from the one color white door stated in the HOA covenants?

1. The covenants and by laws created by the HOA can usually be amended according to those stipulations defined in the by laws adopted by the HOA. A homeowner can review the by laws to see if the proper actions have been taken to amend the covenants. The by laws are usually available for homeowners or others in the office of the HOA. If the HOA has regular board meetings or meetings where homeowners can participate, the homeowners can raise their grievances there.

Good Luck,
    ian
    Ian A. Taylor
    The Taylor Law Office L.L.C. | (843) 314-4313
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Estates. Probate. Adult Guardianship. Real Estate. Insurance.

The Rules of Professional Conduct for my state only allow me to provide general legal information regarding your question. I am unable to offer my services directly or specific answers to your question. The information provided is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship and shall not be construed as legal advice. Therefore, the resources or information given is provided as general information only. I caution Askers not to attempt to solve individual problems upon the basis of the information contained therein.