Can an HOA board expand the single white front door color selection stated in the covenants to include other colors?

Asked over 1 year ago - Irmo, SC

Several homeowners have used another color allowed by builders. If the board so chooses, can it expand the selection from the one color white door stated in the HOA covenants?

1. Ian Andrew Taylor

Answered . The covenants and by laws created by the HOA can usually be amended according to those stipulations defined in the by laws adopted by the HOA. A homeowner can review the by laws to see if the proper actions have been taken to amend the covenants. The by laws are usually available for homeowners or others in the office of the HOA. If the HOA has regular board meetings or meetings where homeowners can participate, the homeowners can raise their grievances there.

Good Luck,
    ian
    Ian A. Taylor
    The Taylor Law Office L.L.C. | (843) 314-4313
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Estates. Probate. Adult Guardianship. Real Estate. Insurance.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now