Can an HOA be held liable for improper use of alcohol in the common pool area?

Whittier, CA |

If the use of alcohol in the common pool area of an HOA causes issues, will the HOA be liable? Is it advisable to prohibit alcohol use in the pool area?

It depends on what kind of "issues". If it's something like an injury resulting from alcohol use at the pool that could have been foreseeable by the HOA, then they may be held liable.

Whether it is advisable to prohibit alcohol use in the pool area depends on a variety of factors and cannot be answered based on the facts that you gave.

Consult with a real estate attorney.

Yes, the HOA may be liable. I had a case where the Plaintiff was drunk, dove into the pool at the shallow end, and broke his neck. Now a quadrapalegic, he sued the HOA for negligence for not clearly marking the shallow end and failure to post " No Diving " signs. The HOA settled the case.

I am not your lawyer, and I am giving you this information to help you find a lawyer. Do not rely on this information. Consult a lawyer.

Recommended articles about Real estate