Can an ex post nude videos and pictures of you when there was a reasonable mutual understanding of privacy?

Brooklyn, MI |

Is there a way to prove if he does what pictures may have been taken under 18? Or is that something he would be responsible for proving? Also Is there a legal standing on not allowing them to post? Can a judge order him to not post them?? Can I prevent him or not allow him to post my name to the video?

if you wre under 18, he would be posting child pornography and could be arrested.

If you were over 18 and you consented to the pictures, your video's your options are much more limited.

Some in your position have used attorneys to communicate with the potential poster of videos and that interaction has proven sufficient to stop the posting--in other cases not so much.

Recommend you see a local attorney and discuss your options under Michigan law.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

I agree, if you were under the age of 18 when the videos and photos were taken it's child pornography.
Speak to your ex and inform him that he is distributing child pornography. If he doesn't return the photos then you can contact your local police department and inform them that he is in possession of child pornography and he intends to distribute it on the internet.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum.