Can an eviction be overturned if it comes to light that your rent was paid but yet manager was stealing your money as you paid?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I moved into a trailer park in August 2012, I was paying my rent using money orders and getting receipts, then I was paying my rent in cash because it was easier and was told that my rent was not paid for a week and I knew it was, but then it has now come to light that the park manager was stealing tenants money that were paying in cash for rent. My eviction has been completed and so forth but can I now go to the courts and address this to get my eviction overturned and removed off of my record? The park manager was telling people paying cash she would bring the receipt to them when she did her nightly walk before closing the office, I never got mine but figured it was being processed as I had never had a problem before.

1. Dennis Andrew Chen

Pro

4

Answered . A judgment can be vacated upon a showing of fraud. It is not a simple matter and I recommend that you have an attorney file the necessary documents. You will need proof that the property manager received your cash payments.

2. Barry A. Stein

Pro

3

Answered . If there was a fraud on the court, you can go back to have the court revisit the issue. If you are out of the property, you wont be getting possession again. If there is any pending claim for rental than monies you paid would be relevant to that pending claim. Seek some legal help.