Can an employer suspend an employee without telling them?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Shoshone, ID

I was no longer on the schedule so I called my employer and they said that I was suspended. I was never told of the two week suspension, just not put on the schedule.

1. Eric Brian Swartz

4

Answered . You should contact a lawyer to discuss the details of your employment relationship with your employer. See the attached link for more information about the complexities of the employment relationship. Do not delay as the passage of time will negatively affect your rights.

2. Nicholas M. McLeod

3

Answered . Yes, probably. The exception would be if you have a contract or cba that states that you must receive prior notice of a suspension.

3. John Michael Singleton

Pro

3

Answered . If you are not employed pursuant to a contract or covered by collective bargaining agreement represented by a union, you are considered in at will employee. Therefore, an employer can terminate or suspend your employment with or without notice at any time. If you are unemployed without having quit without good cause connected to employment or were terminated or suspended without misconduct, you are probably eligible for unemployment benefits for any period of unemployment. You can contact DLLR to apply for benefits. However, he did not seem to have any claims against your employer.