Can An Employer Suspend an Employee while on Workers Comp/Light Duty?

Phoenix, AZ |

I am currently under suspension while on workers comp/light duty status to return to work, I reported back for 1 day and was told the next day that I am suspended without pay. I have not been notified by my HR with any info regarding my suspension

If you are on restrictions in most states they would be required to reinstate temporary disability benefits until you are at maximum medical improvement (or similar depending on the state) You can use the find a lawyer feature here to talk to an attorney near you. Workers compensation attys do not usually charge anything for a consultation to see if they can assist you.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Connell is a Colorado attorney licensed in only that state. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.

The fact that you have a WC claim pending does NOT prevent your employer from firing you.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.

Yes...but it may mean that you are entitled to temporary partial disability benefits. Call us if you want to discuss.

Appz