Can an employer make someone sign yes to litigation injunction for restraining order stipulated judgment voluntary compliance/

Asked over 1 year ago - Palm Coast, FL

after being employed for 2 weeks the employer gave this paper with one section already filled in yes. this is a telemarketing company. after refusing, they said to leave. they checked with a higher up because they wouldn't even let the paper out of the office. the higher up person said it was ok. I feel uncomfortable in so much as I was not working there during these investigations and I don't want anything to follow me. i'm assuming they will fire me if I don't sign it. I do believe they only let me take the paper out of the office because i'm handicapped and they were afraid of discrimination issues.

1. Katy Koestner Esquivel

5

Answered . The way your question is drafted makes it somewhat difficult to understand what you are asking. Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "litigation injunction for restraining order stipulated judgment voluntary compliance" and what this has to do with the paper provided by the employer.

2. Constantine D. Buzunis

5

Answered . i agree with counsel your question is unclear and the terms you are using are confusing? You should consult with an employment lawyer and show them the paperwork right away!

3. Jimmy Allen Davis

3

Answered . I agree with other counsel. This question is confusing.

In general, nobody can force you to sign anything you do not want to sign. However, you are in an at-will employment situation. They can make your employment contingent upon you signing certain paperwork. (ie: Sign this non-disclosure and non-compete or we cannot offer you the job.)

Take the paper to a local attorney and let them review it. That would probably be the best way for you to resolve this issue.