Can an employer force you to have your paycheck direct deposited in your bank account?

Richmond, VA |

I do not have a checking account and do not want one.

I'm guessing your employer doesn't want any issues about checks being lost or stolen. You can probably have the direct deposit made to a savings account or brokerage account, if this matters so much to you.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.