Can an employer fire you in a text message

Portland, OR |

i received a text message from my manager telling me i would no longer be on the schedule. meaning i was fired. is that legal? or does it have to be written or verbal.

It's not classy, but it's legal. Think about it. If it were not legal somehow, all that would mean is, you'd have to come into work just to be fired there. I'm sorry.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

Your employer can fire you and inform you via telling you in person, mail, telephone, text, email, fax, fedex, telex, telegram, hologram... there's no requirement that a notice of firing be given via a particular medium.