Can an employee be on Loss of Pay until he/she gets the renewed L2 EAD(1765)

Asked about 1 month ago - San Francisco, CA

My L2 EAD(I-765) is expiring as of 25th February and I am yet to get my renewed EAD(I-765).I am currently working and is it ok to be on Loss of Pay in my current organisation/vendor after my expiry date till I get the renewed card and still be on assignement or should i Resign from my services after my expiry date.I am currently in a contracting position

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

6

1

Answered . You cannot be employed within the meaning of employment unless you have a proper employment authorization. Here is a very good answer explaining this very quesiton:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/l2-ead-expiri...

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

2

1

Answered . As long as you are not paid for the period without a valid EAD, it is not necessary for employment to be formally terminated. This assumes, of course, that you are not working during that period. "Volunteering" your time is not recommended. Consult with your current immigration attorney for case specific advice.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Answered . You should not be "working" without having a valid EAD.