Can an attorney work out this deal with the DA to drop my charge from a felony to misdemeanor?

Dallas, TX |

My fiance was arrested 2 years ago for possesion of heroin less than 1g. He since has served several months in jail, served inpatient rehab, and was on probation. He skipped probation check in and was re arrested and then let out with a leg monitor. He stupidly got kicked out of his parents house and cut the monitor off. He is wanting to know if he got an attorney, would that attorney be able to get his charge lessened to a misdemeanor with NO additional jail time in exchange for letting the DA know where a known drug dealer with a Level 1 felony warrant was? Is this possible?

1. Extremely extremely unlikely. If he is on deferred, technically he can be re-pled. But with these facts, I honestly don't see it happening.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. He is facing a probation revocation on his original charge. If that was a "straight probation" sentence, he has already been convicted of the felony offense. He should definitely contact an attorney to have a detailed discussion of his case immediately.

3. May I suggest that you all quit trying to do serious legal tactics and strategy as a do it yourself project. This situation calls for the assistance of a reputable criminal defense lawyer.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.