Skip to main content

Can an attorney represent a foreigner on visa issues?

New Brunswick, NJ |
Filed under: B-2 tourist visa

Someone who had visited the States before but, has been denied visa twice afterwards seeks an attorney to represent her in regard to acquiring her visa.

Attorney Answers 4


Yes, absolutely that's part of what an immigration lawyer does. All that lawyer needs to do is enter appearances with the US state department and the US consulate in question on behalf of the client.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Of course. The question becomes what was previously applied and why was it denied? So it isn't so much as whether an attorney can represent the foreigner but given the particulars of the case can the immigration attorney add any value.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Yes, that's exactly what we do as immigration lawyers. Select an experienced attorney under find an attorney on the site. Good luck.

Mark as helpful


Yes, that is exactly what lawyers are for.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics