Can an attorney get me a court date and ask to get a warrant recalled and quash if I promise to appear for the scheduled court?

Asked 10 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

The state is Wisconsin and I need all details of what I need to do please. I am willing to hire an attorney, but I need to know that they will do their job as well. I don't have much income, but at this time I have $500, would that be acceptable?

1. John Scott Swimmer

6

Answered . Your attorney can get you a return date, but cannot quash the warrant until you appear and post bail.

2. Karyn T. Missimer

4

Answered . All the details of what you need to do: Look up attorneys in your area on Avvo. Pick at least 3. Pick up a phone. Dial their numbers. Discuss your case with them. :)

Seriously, no one here on Avvo can tell you everything you need to do. And no attorney is going to tell you what is an acceptable fee on this forum. You need to discuss your case directly with local, experienced criminal defense attorneys.

As previously stated, an attorney will be able to help you get a date, but you will need to physically appear in court to get the warrant quashed. Whether you will be able to show up and not post substantial cash bail or be taken into custody will depend on the charges, the facts of the case, your criminal history, etc. Details that should NOT be posted on Avvo.

If you cannot find an attorney you trust at a rate you can afford, contact the local public defender's office.

Good luck!

3. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to locate the case and warrant and redocket it. Call around the area where the warrant was issued and hire an attorney.