Can an attorney file to withdraw representation after discovering fraud from the other side?

Charlotte, NC |

My attorney filed a Motion to withdraw after discovering significant fraud from opposing counsel and his client. He makes it clear that he will not defend my case against fraud caused by another attorney. What should I do?
NOTE: Assume fraud to be obvious. Thanks

An attorney can withdraw from a case if he feels that fraud is being committed. Look for another attorney.

Do attorneys not have an ethical duty to report known fraud rather than bailing on a client that will suffer the consequences of fraudulent acts from opposing counsel?

It is interesting that an attorney would withdraw for the wrong doing of the other side. It is very possible that the Judge will not allow him to withdraw. Ask for all information that he has about the alleged fraud and got get an attorney who will represent your needs.,