Can an attorney explain how an individual can prove bonafides of the marriage to I.J. if he/she failed to do so for USCIS.

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

The situation is as follows: there are no joint documents with the ex spouse to present to the USCIS besides a few affidavits from the friends of the immigrant. I know that the IJ gives you a chance to prove yourself, but if there are no joint documents for the USCIS, for which the I-751 is denied, then what is left to show to I.J. besides the same affidavits. Can you please explain what other things could be presented to the I.J. besides joint docs with the former spouse? I am mainly looking to know what non joint docs could be submitted. Please name few things besides joint accounts, taxes, etc.

1. Dean P Murray

12

Answered . Your question calls for legal advice. An answer depends on the specifics of your case. You should schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

2. Joshua L. Goldstein

10

Answered . I definitely answer your question. All i would need is your entire file, a few meetings with you and your file, and an opportunity to meeting you and your wife, and a trip to immigration court to review the record of proceedings.

You need to hire a lawyer. AVVO is not the solution.

Josh
    _____________________________________________
    Joshua Goldstein, Esq

Immigration & Nationality Lawyers

Law Offices of Joshua L Goldstein, PC
    6 Beacon Street, # 220
    Boston, Massachusetts 02108
    Email: josh@jgoldlaw.com
    Tel: 617.722.0005
    Fax: 617.722.0015
    URL: www.jgoldlaw.com
    Blog: www.massachusettsimmigrationlawyerblog.com
    Twitter: twitter.com/attyimmigration
    Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/immigrationjoshuagoldstein
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Immigration.Visa.Lawyer

3. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

11

Answered . You need to make an appointment with an immigration attorney. I'm afraid without seeing your entire document, we will not be able to help you.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  4. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Yes Attorney can explain. What attorney cannot do is do that on AVVO.

5. Jeffrey Adam Devore

7

Answered . As my colleagues have noted, what will work in your case depends on its specific facts. There are many ways to establish the bona fides of a marriage. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.