Can an arrest warrant be issued for non payment of fines on a felony DUI

Hobe Sound, FL |

and if so can or will they come from another state to make the arrest?

If you are on probation or in collection court, a warrant can be issued for non payment. Yes you can be extradited from another state. I would suggest you pay the fine.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

2. Yes, the court can issue a bench warrant if you failed to appear at a show cause date scheduled for the payment of fines and court costs. If the charge was a felony, and a warrant is issued and listed on the national NCIC database, if you are pulled over out of state, you could get locked up. Pay the fines and costs, get an attorney to represent you and get the warrant set aside/recalled ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. I agree with Mr. Umansky. If you were placed or probation or some sort of program, where the Court is monitoring the payment of your fines, a warrant can be issued for the nonpayment of your fines.

You could absolutely be extradited back to Florida.

I recommend you contact a criminal defense attorney immediately to begin negotiating with the State Attorney's Office. A criminal defense attorney can also begin advising you of your options if you are arrested under the warrant including options to get out on bond, local bondsmen, etc. Good luck with your charges.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

DUI topics