Can an American citizen legally experience tyranny and oppression?

Beverly Hills, FL |

Having been the gambit of the apparently corrupt Justice system in this County, both Circuit and County, it's my opinion, a pendent complaint to the U.N. should be submitted. Our Nations military are dying every day on foreign soil to combat what has been experienced in Florida, under our flag. It has been stated my case was too involved. Is it really? I have no resources to hire an attorney. I was charged, arrested and convicted, by way of attorney misrepresentation and Judicial intimidation, for a non-existent crime, generated by law enforcement. ACLU is a joke, in my opinion, they only take on colorful, high profile cases. An attorney expressed lack of knowledge of human rights. Perhaps the U.N. can better explain. 800 characters is not enough.

1. To directly answer your rambling question, yes, it is very possible. Travel to North Korea, China, Iran or even Venezuela and you will see what true oppression looks like. Florida attorneys may be irritating to you but they are not oppressive.

I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO FAULT HANDBOOK. The opinions expressed in this answer are not legal advice. These opinions are based on New York practice. We have no attorney-client relationship. conducting a conversation with me through the avvo comments section does not create an attorney-client relationship. I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.

2. Try to put your civil rights in a question so that one us can better answer your civil rights issue. Place the question more specific with your supporting facts rather than your views might help you get an answer.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that you should undertake with careful considerations. The use of Avvo, Inc.'s question and answer forum is only to provide general information and in no way forms an attorney-client relationship between the you and the attorney answering your question.

3. Interesting political discussion but not a legal question.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

4. Eight hundred characters is plenty if you stick to who, what, when, where, why, and how with a legal question thrown in. You included almost nothing pertinent to what an attorney would want to see in order to figure out your best way-ahead.

FWIW. Your lawyer misrepresented you; the judge intimidated you; the police made up a crime; the county is corrupt; the courts are corrupt; the ACLU rejected you; you can't pay for legal services. I suspect you will find the UN falls waaay short of your expectations as well. Probably not worth your effort.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.