Can an 18 years guy file to adjust his girlfriend status ,we are going to get married soon

San Antonio, TX |

Hi, I met my boyfriend who is going to be my husband soon,I am 20,we have been together for 5 months and I came to visit US like 3 years ago but overstayed my tourist visa, just wondering is there a certain age to file for green card ?

Yes, if you still have the original I-94 and if he has a good income, or you two have someone willing to be financial co-sponsors ... you can adjust.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. You should speak with an experienced immigration attorney. With marriage based immigration, especially with couples who have been together for a short period of time (lets say less than 1 year) there may be a presumption of marriage fraud, even if legitimately in love and ready to get married. An experienced family based immigration attorney will be able to guide you and help you to build the strongest application possible. Part of building a strong case involves finding the right documentation to prove that your marriage is bona fide. You can find many experienced attorneys here on AVVO.com or at AILALawyer.com. Many offer free first time consultations. Best of luck!

The Law Office of Andrew Chung, PLLC. (832) 409 0117. Andrew@Chung-Law.com . The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. What can and needs to be done AFTER the marriage depends on the status of the boyfriend.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. As long as he is a USC and meets the requirements for the affidavit of support, you should be fine, assuming you're otherwise admissible of course. Hire an experienced immigration lawyer for quicker processing.

5. You can file with his sponsorship, but he will need a financial co-sponsor. It can be any U.S. citizen or permanent resident that can show the requisite income on their last tax return.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500