Can an 18 years guy file to adjust his girlfriend status ,we are going to get married soon

Asked about 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

Hi, I met my boyfriend who is going to be my husband soon,I am 20,we have been together for 5 months and I came to visit US like 3 years ago but overstayed my tourist visa, just wondering is there a certain age to file for green card ?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

9

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, if you still have the original I-94 and if he has a good income, or you two have someone willing to be financial co-sponsors ... you can adjust.

2. Andrew Chung

7

Answered . You should speak with an experienced immigration attorney. With marriage based immigration, especially with couples who have been together for a short period of time (lets say less than 1 year) there may be a presumption of marriage fraud, even if legitimately in love and ready to get married. An experienced family based immigration attorney will be able to guide you and help you to build the strongest application possible. Part of building a strong case involves finding the right documentation to prove that your marriage is bona fide. You can find many experienced attorneys here on AVVO.com or at AILALawyer.com. Many offer free first time consultations. Best of luck!

3. David Joseph Trevino

Pro

5

Answered . As long as he is a USC and meets the requirements for the affidavit of support, you should be fine, assuming you're otherwise admissible of course. Hire an experienced immigration lawyer for quicker processing.

4. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . What can and needs to be done AFTER the marriage depends on the status of the boyfriend.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

5. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

1

Answered . You can file with his sponsorship, but he will need a financial co-sponsor. It can be any U.S. citizen or permanent resident that can show the requisite income on their last tax return.