Can an 18 year old withdraw herself from school without parent/guardian permission?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Tampa, FL

She wants to live with her sister in a different state but her father wants her to live with him until she's in her mid 20's.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Matthew West Kindel

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Yes. But if you are 18, you should go ahead and finish school.

  2. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . no

  3. Mary Katherine Brown


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, but if her father is willing to support her until she is in her mid 20's, she should consider that carefully, and try not to burn any bridges.

    You may contact Ms. Brown at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at:... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,168 answers this week

2,987 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,168 answers this week

2,987 attorneys answering